§1 Information about the collection of personal data
(1) ) In the following, we inform about the collection of personal data when using our website, as in accordance with Art. 13 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR). Personal data are all data that are personally identifiable to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, user behavior.
(2) The person responsible pursuant to Art.4 para.7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (EU-GDPR) is
Chips 4 Light GmbH
Nürnberger Strasse 13a
93152 Etterzhausen, Germany
(see our imprint)
You can contact our Data Protection Officer under:
Bugl & Kollegen GmbH
93055 Regensburg Germany
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, the data you provide (your e-mail address, if applicable your name and your telephone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data arising in this context after the storage is no longer necessary, or limit the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
(4) If we make use of contracted service providers for individual functions of our offer or would like to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail about the respective processes below. We will also specify the defined criteria for the storage period.
§2 Your rights
(1) You have the following rights towards us regarding your personal data:
- Right to information
- Right to correction or deletion
- Right to limitation of processing
- Right of opposition to the processing
- Right to data transferabilitn
(2) You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
The responsible supervisory authority can be found in the following list:
(1) The hosting services used by us serve to provide the following services: Infrastructure and platform services, computing capacity, storage space and database services, e-mail dispatch, security services and technical maintenance services which we use for the purpose of operating this online service.
(2) In doing so, we or our hosting provider process inventory data, contact data, content data, contract data, usage data, meta and communication data of customers, interested parties and visitors of this online offer due to our legitimate interests in the efficient and secure provision of this online offer in accordance with Art. 6(1) lit. f EU-GDPR in conjunction with Art. 28 EU-GDPR (conclusion of an order processing contract).
§4 Collection of personal data when visiting our website
1) When using the website for information purposes only, i.e., if you do not register or provide us with information in any other way, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. If you wish to view our website, we collect the following data, which are technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- The amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
We collect and store this data for a limited time on the basis of our legitimate interest in order to induce derivation of personal data in the event of unauthorised access or attempted access to local servers (Art. 6 (1) lit. f EU-GDPR).
(1) In addition to the aforementioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on your hard drive assigned to the browser you are using and through which certain information flows to the location that sets the cookie (here by us). They serve to make the website more user-friendly and effective.
(2) We distinguish between two categories of cookies: (a) essential cookies, without which the functionality of our website would be restricted, and (b) optional cookies for website analysis and marketing purposes.
The use of optional cookies is based on your consent (Art. 6(1) lit. a EU-GDPR).
In the following table and the following paragraphs we describe the optional cookies used on this website in detail.
Purpose and content
These cookies enable us to analyze the use of our website in order to measure and improve its performance. e.g. reCAPTCHA, Google Maps,
Marketing cookies are generally used to show you advertisements that are in line with your interests. When you visit a website, your browser's cookie is recognized and selected ads are displayed based on the information stored in that cookie. e.g. Google Analytics
§6 Use of Google Analytics
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyze how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website is usually transferred to a Google server in the European Union and stored there. On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activity and to provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage to the website operator.
(2) The IP address transmitted by your browser in the context of Google Analytics is not merged with other Google data.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "anonymizeIp“. As a result, IP addresses are further processed in abbreviated form, so that a personal relationship can be ruled out. As far as the data collected about you is personally identifiable, it will be excluded immediately and the personal data will be deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. With the statistics gained we can improve our offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6(1) lit. a EU-GDPR.
(6) Third party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
General information on data protection: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de#infocollect
[(7) This website also uses Google Analytics for a device-independent analysis of visitor flows, that is carried out via a user ID. You can deactivate the cross-device analysis of your usage in your customer account under "My Data", "Personal Data".]
§7 Google Fonts and reCAPTCHA
(1) On our website we use Google Fonts to display external fonts.
(2) In order to enable the display of certain fonts on our website, a connection to a Google server is established when you visit our website. The legal basis for the use of Google Fonts is Art. 6(1) lit. a EU-GDPR
(3) Third party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
(4) Through the connection to Google established when calling up our website, Google can determine which website has sent your enquiry and to which IP address the representation of the font is to be transmitted. Google offers further information at https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=de&gl=de in particular on the possibilities of preventing the use of data.
(6) The purpose of reCAPTCHA is to check whether the data input on our websites (e.g. in a contact form) is made by a person or by an automated program. For this purpose, reCAPTCHA analyses the behavior of the website visitor on the basis of various characteristics. This analysis begins automatically as soon as the website visitor enters the website. For the analysis, reCAPTCHA evaluates various information (e.g. IP address, length of stay of the website visitor on the website or mouse movements made by the user). The data collected during the analysis is forwarded to Google. The reCAPTCHA analyses run completely in the background. Data processing is based on Art. 6(1) lit. a EU-GDPR.
(7) Third party information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland.
§8 Online presences in social media
We maintain online presences within social networks in order to inform active users about our services and, if interested, to communicate directly via the platforms. We are currently represented in the following networks:
LinkedIn (direct link)
Xing (direct link)
Facebook (direct link)
All of our social media channels can only be accessed by visitors to the website via an external link. We do not use any plugins or other interfaces on our website which the respective networks offer for embedding the offers on websites.
We have no influence on the data collection and its further use by the social networks. For example, we do not know to what extent, where or for how long the data will be stored, to what extent the networks will comply with existing deletion obligations, which evaluations and links will be made with the data and to whom the data will be passed on. We therefore expressly draw your attention to the fact that user data (e.g. personal information, IP address) is stored by the network operators in accordance with their data usage guidelines and used for business purposes.
We process the users' data in the social media presences insofar as they contact and communicate with us via, for example, comments or direct messages.
The legal basis for the processing of the user's data is Art. 6(1) lit. b and f EU-GDPR.
No functions and contents of the LinkedIn service, offered by the LinkedIn Ireland Unlimited Company, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland, are integrated within our online offer. The LinkedIn channels are only accessible via an external link.
If visitors to the website are members of the LinkedIn platform, LinkedIn can assign the call to the social media channel to the user's profile if the user visits our LinkedIn profile while logged in.
Within our online offer no functions and contents of the service Xing, offered by the New Work SE, Dammtorstraße 29-32, 20354 Hamburg, Germany, are integrated. The Xing channels can only be reached via an external link.
If the visitors to our website are members of the Xing platform, Xing can assign the call of the social media channel to the user's profile there if the user visits the Xing profile in the logged in state.
You can access the social media network Facebook via external links on our website. All functions in the social media network are offered by Facebook, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland. The Facebook channels can only be accessed via an external link.
If you are logged in to Facebook with your own profile and access our social media channel, Facebook can assign your visit to your logged in profile. If you do not wish your account to be associated with your IP address, please log out of your Facebook account prior to using our website.
Chips 4 Light operates an online presence on Facebook, a so-called Facebook fan page. For visiting our fan page, the following additional notes on data processing apply. Information about data protection on Facebook in general can be found here (https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/).
1. Joint responsibility, contact data, company data protection officer:
For the operation of our Facebook Fanpage we are responsible together with Facebook according to art. 26 GDPR. For this purpose, we have entered into an agreement with Facebook to determine who fulfils which obligations with regard to data protection. This agreement can be viewed here (https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms/page_controller_addendum). Accordingly, Facebook is primarily responsible for providing the data subject with information about the shared processing and for enabling the data subject to exercise his or her privacy rights. Independent of this, we hereby inform you about your visit to our fan page.
Our contact details are as given in the pricacy policy.
You can reach Facebook at:
Facebook Ireland Ltd.
4 Grand Canal Square,
Grand Canal Harbour,
Dublin 2, Irland
Online you can reach Facebook here (https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/2061665240770586)
You can contact the Facebook data protection officer at
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose and their use:a)
a) Data collected by Facebook:
If you are a Facebook user, Facebook collects the information described in the Facebook Data Policy under "What types of information do we collect? If you are not a Facebook user, cookies, small text files containing identifiers, may still be stored in your browser to enable tracking of your user behavior.
As a rule, when you visit Facebook, the user data is also processed by Facebook for market research and advertising purposes. Based on user behavior (also when visiting our fan page) complex user profiles are created, which Facebook can use to display personalized advertisements to the visitor inside and outside of Facebook. You can also find more detailed information on this in the Facebook data policy.
If you do not agree with this, you can object here (Opt-Out).
b) Data used by us ("page insights") and legal basis:
Facebook provides us with statistics and usage data that we can use to analyze the use of our fan page (so-called "page insights"). This enables us to continuously improve our Facebook offer. We as operators do not make any decisions regarding the processing of Insights data and all other information resulting from Art. 13 GDPR, such as the storage period of cookies on user devices. The primary responsibility in accordance with the GDPR for the processing of Insights data lies with Facebook and Facebook fulfils all obligations under the GDPR with regard to the processing of Insights data.
We as site administrators have no other possibility, not even via user tracking, to evaluate user behavior on our fan page. It is also fundamentally impossible for us to identify the visitor of the fan page on the basis of the Page-Insights. In particular, according to the agreement, we have no right to require Facebook to disclose individual visitor data. We are only able to identify a visitor if we can assign individual profile pictures to "likely-me" information for the page, but only if our fan page has been marked " like-me" by the respective visitor and the "like-me" information is set to "public".
What information Facebook uses to create the Page Insights can be found here.
The operation of the Faceboook fan page and the use of the page insights serves our legitimate interest in an effective external presentation and efficient communication with our customers and interested parties. This interest justifies the operation of the page both against the legitimate interests of Facebook users, as well as against visitors to our fan page who do not have a Facebook account. The legal basis is accordingly Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR.
3. Transfer of data to third parties:
Data collected by Facebook is exchanged and processed within the entire Facebook group. The Facebook Group also includes, for example, Instagram, WhatsApp and Oculus. For example, information collected via Facebook is used to display personalized advertising to users on Instagram, or information from WhatsApp is used to take action on Facebook against accounts that send spam via WhatsApp. This information can be found in the Facebook data policy under "How do Facebook companies work together?
Facebook's processing of data may involve the transfer of user data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), particularly the United States.
4. Right of objection:
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 Par. 1 letter f) GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR if there are reasons for doing so that arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct marketing. In the latter case you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without indication of a special situation. If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Rights of the person concerned:
You have the right to revoke your consent to us at any time. As a result, we are not allowed to continue the data processing that was based on this consent for the future. Furthermore, you have the right to information according to Art. 15 GDPR, the right to correction according to Art. 16 GDPR, the right to deletion according to Art. 17 GDPR, the right to restriction of processing according to Art. 18 GDPR, as well as the right from data transferability according to Art. 21 GDPR. Furthermore, there is a right of appeal to a competent data protection supervisory authority (Art. 77 GDPR).
In principle, you can assert your rights as a data subject against Facebook as well as against us. Since only Facebook has direct access to your user data, you can most effectively assert your rights of data subjects against Facebook.
If you have any questions regarding this data protection notice, you can contact us or our data protection officer at any time.
§9 Processing of your data within the framework of automated decision making / profiling
(1) In principle, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing, including profiling, which has legal effect towards you or significantly affects you in a similar manner. In particular, these decisions may not normally be based on special categories of personal data pursuant to Art. 9 (1) EU-GDPR. We do not use any corresponding decision-making processes within the framework of our website and the associated data processing.
(1) With your consent, you can subscribe to our newsletter, which we use to inform you about our current interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are named in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in procedure to register for our newsletter. This means that after your registration we will send you an e-mail to the specified e-mail address in which we will ask you to confirm that you wish to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hour], your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store the IP addresses you use and the dates of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure is to prove your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any possible misuse of your personal data.
(3) Your e-mail address is the only mandatory information for sending the newsletter. The provision of further, separately marked data is voluntary and will be used to address you personally. After your confirmation, we save your e-mail address for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6(1) lit. a EU-GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to the sending of the newsletter at any time and cancel your subscription to the newsletter. You can declare your objection by clicking on the link provided in every newsletter e-mail or by sending a message to the contact details given in the imprint.
[(5) We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behaviour when sending the newsletter. For this evaluation, the e-mails sent contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which represent one-pixel image files stored on our website. For the evaluations we link the data mentioned in point IV and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID.
You may object to this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each e-mail or by informing us of another contact method. The information is stored as long as you have subscribed to the newsletter. After you have unsubscribed, we store the data purely statistically and anonymously.